I talked with our coordinator, Sonya, on Friday. She said she had talked with Pedro (one of our attorneys in Guatemala) about our paperwork for the US embassy. I was so excited thinking she was going to tell me we had DNA authorization. BUT, it seems the immigration paperwork I had filled out was done in the wrong color ink! I filled it out in blue and it needed to be in BLACK! So, I rushed around on Friday and filled out the 12 pages, in black this time, and overnighted them to Guatemala. Hopefully our paperwork will get submitted sometime this week and we can get the show on the road concerning Olivia'a Visa. This is just one of the many "bumps" we will face as we go through this process.
I just have to share this testament of how good God is: Overnighting to Guatemala is not cheap, but on Saturday we got an anonymous letter in the mail with $50 inside, and it said, "Thank you for adopting, may I help in this little way." Our God is faithful and He provides!! Eventhough we have these little costly glitches, He takes care of it. I wish I had adequate words to describe how I felt on Saturday when I opened that note, but humbled, overcome, and awestruck just don't cut it.
So, What is DNA authorization? It's basically giving permission to have DNA tests done on Olivia and the birthmom to confirm they are indeed genetically related. This is done by our embassy to insure that the woman who is reliquishing her rights to the child is indeed the birthmother. Hopefully, we'll have DNA authorization this week and we'll have the test done and the results back in the next 2-3 weeks. We'll keep you posted!
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment