Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Visit Trip

Well, where do I begin. As some of you may know, Jamey and I decided very last minute to move our visit trip up because it would work better in our schedules. We left on May 31 and we returned late last night, June 4. I really don't have the words to describe the experience. I am so thankful we were able to meet our daughter for the first time and get to spend those valuable days with her, I would not trade it for anything. The down side is that we had to give her back and return home without her. So many people have asked me, "How can you do that, just leave without her?" Well, it wasn't easy. But we have the reassurance that she is being very well cared for, which helped. This was a trip we were meant to do, that was confirmed to us in many ways. Others choose not to visit their babies and that is very understandable and I truly respect that decision. But for us this is something we knew we had to do and we are so thankful we did, eventhough the wait will be that much more difficult. Please continue to pray for Olivia and specifically that she and the other babies will get through PGN very quickly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, that was fun to watch the small video of Olivia. I gave me tears in my eyes. I am so happy you got to go visit with her and that you felt so at pease about the decision and the trip. We pray she can come home soon.

carisboys said...

What a GORGEOUS little girl!!! My heart just melted seeing those pics in the photoshow and especially the one of you and Jamey with her! Now she just needs to come home so we can see your new "family picture". I will be praying my heart out that this happens quickly and she can come home where she belongs. (:
Much Love,
Cari Roorda