Thursday, August 9, 2007

Moving Along

Wednesday night I decided to bring away a bunch of clothes,etc to the consignment store. I took my time, looked around, got groceries, a real ladies night! (sarcasm intended)I got home around 9:00 and Jamey showed me this note, on it was written:
Appointment date August 20, pick her up Friday the 17th. ARE YOU SERIOUS!! Yes! Our agency called, we leave August 16.! I have a week to get ready. It will be crazy around here - I'm tyring to get the boys ready for school, finish up Olivia's room, clean the house, etc. So the next time you here from us it will be from Guatemala City. We're going to try and take the computer so we can keep you updated.

When all this news of delays came about I asked God, "Can you show off for me? Show me how awesome you are." Well, he did. I am still in awe. We shouldn't be traveling already, we were expecting September with the delays. He did move the mountain and we are so grateful for any prayers that were sent our way, He does hear us! I was thinking last night that it so easy for me to praise Him when things are going my way, what if He had chosen to answer our prayers differently? I admit, when I first heard news of the new delays, I was angry, I didn't talk to Him for a few days. But I heard Him whisper over an over, "Praise me anyway, My ways are not like your ways." So I finally gave it all back to Him, realizing my anger and fretting were not helping. In Job I read, "Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you. Accept instruction from his mouth and lay up his words in your heart." 22:21-22 I finally had peace when I could surrender it all completely and leave the details up to Him. What a valuable life lesson, I always thought I was surrendering things before in life, but I was holding on to some of it. This time I learned complete surrender and the freedom that comes with it.

See you in Guate!!!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

YEAH.... I am sooo excited for you guys..
Can't wait to see her in Guatamala City..
God has answered your prayers..
Let him answer all of ours by speeding up..
Take care.. you are going to be busy..
Kim

Carey said...

Wow, we are so excited for you guys! We're home with Jaden and trying to recover from jet lag and all that comes with it. But it's SO GOOD to be home! God is SO GOOD! Praying for you as you're in Guatamala and for your boys back home. God Blessings to you!